- Email the chair of our elections committee to express your interest in an endorsement. Please include your full name, the position for which you are running, and a completed county questionnaire. (You may send either a King County or Snohomish County questionnaire; we do not have a preference and suggest you use whichever is most appropriate.)
- The Elections Committee may or may not contact you for an interview. An endorsement recommendation will be made by the committee in early May.
- You may email our Chair, Ken Lapp, at any time to ask for time to speak during general membership meetings (the third Monday of every month).
- Our members will vote on endorsements at our May meeting, which will likely be moved to May 24 (after filing week is over but before candidate statements are due).
- Elections-Endorsements Committee Rules
We choose endorsements through an in-depth process. Our Elections Committee vets, then recommends one candidate per race to the full membership of the First District Democrats. During our monthly meetings, committee-recommended candidates are introduced and speak with members. Then we vote. It takes a 2/3rds majority of members for us to officially endorse a candidate. To learn more about candidates and help shape our endorsements, we invite you to join us as a visitor or as a member.
Please contact the elections chair with any questions. Thank you!
- 1st LD May 2021 EndorsementsMay 2021 Endorsements as approved by membership on May 24, 2021 Endorsement Recommendations as Summarized by the Elections Committee on May 19, 2021
- 2021 King Conservation Board of Supervisors ElectionKing County residents: remember to vote by March 23 for the open position on the King Conservation District Board of Supervisors. King County Democrats have endorsed four candidates: Brittney Bush Bollay Kali Clark John Comerford Melissa Tatro More information can be found here: https://kingcd.org/about/board-of-supervisors/elections-and-appointments/
- Nov 2020 General Election Endorsements2020 General Election Endorsements, Nov. 3rd Election. Endorsed by the 1st LD Democrats Membership. The King & Snohomish County PDF’s are 2 per page, suitable for printing.
- Endorsements – Nov 5 2019 ElectionRemember to Vote Tue. Nov 5th!! Our Endorsements for the Nov 5 2019 Elections:Click Here Sample Ballot for King County LD1 Kirkland – 2019Click Here Sample Ballot for King County LD1 Bothell – 2019Click Here Sample Ballot for SnoHo County – 2019Click Here
- 2018 Sample Ballot & Endorsements for King & Snohomish CountiesThe 1st LD King and Snohomish Counties Endorsements for the 2018 Mid-Terms. King County Sample Ballot – 1st LD Democrats Endorsements: 2018-11 Sample Ballot – 1stDistrictDems – King County Snohomish County Sample Ballot – 1st LD Democrats Endorsements: 2018-11 Sample Ballot – 1stDistrictDems – Snohomish County Be sure to Vote! Every single vote matters, including … Read More