Seeking Justice for All Our Neighbors? Make an Informed Choice.
Who Presides from the Bench Matters.
Judges Candidate Forum
NONPARTISAN JUDGES CANDIDATES FORUM
Hosted by First District Democrats on
Wednesday, Sept. 16th
For educational purposes only. Dissemination of all or part of this recording or video without
express written consent of the First Legislative District Democrats is absolutely prohibited.
We know you care about justice for your neighbors. We know you’re an active voter. If you’re like me, you see very little media coverage about nonpartisan candidates for judges, whether at the state or county level. Many voters are left to rely only on the Voters’ Pamphlet.
We’d like to change that.
You’re invited to attend a FREE Zoom forum to meet and ask questions of candidates for the Washington State Supreme Court and those judicial candidates with opponents running for Superior Court positions in King and Snohomish counties. All were vetted and endorsed by the First District Democrats (in South Snohomish and North King County).
Hear their diverse professional and personal stories and the perspectives and approaches they will bring to the bench if elected. Zoom guests will be able to ask questions, as time allows.
Featured Judges and Judge Candidates include:
- Washington Supreme Court Justice G. Helen Whitener
- Washington Supreme Court Justice Raquel Montoya Lewis
- Candidates for King County Superior Court Judge Position 13: Hillary Madsen and Andrea Robertson (opponents)
- Candidate for King County Superior Court Judge Position 30, Carolynn Ladd
- Candidate for Snohomish County Superior Court Judge Position 8, Cassandra Lopez-Shaw
Moderators: Washington State Representative Davina Duerr and Activist Rosemary Sutton